Having the Colby community vaccinated against Covid-19 is important for both individual health and for our ability to keep each other safe. With that in mind, the College is pleased to partner with Oakland Pharmacy to provide on-campus Covid-19 vaccine clinics to students, faculty, and staff this Thursday and Friday, May 6 and 7. Detailed information is below for those who choose to participate.
Both the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccines will be available. Please bring the consent form associated with the vaccine type you want to the clinic. Links to the consent forms are below. Students will want to review their planned departure from the local area if they are considering the Moderna vaccine given the timeframe for receiving the second dose (administered 28 days after the first dose—in this case the week of May 31). Students should bear in mind that they are required to depart from campus 24 hours after their last exam, and that senior must leave on May 23s. Details about the second dose of Moderna are below.
Additional information about vaccines is on Colby’s Covid-19 website here.
We are looking forward to greater flexibility with high rates of vaccination in our community and appreciate your continued cooperation with our health and safety protocols.
On-Campus Vaccine Clinic Information
Date and time
- Thursday, May 6 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, May 7 8 a.m -4 p.m.
- Harold Alfond Athletics and Recreation Center. Enter the building through the main entrance; registration will take place in the room located behind the welcome desk.
- Click here to make a vaccination appointment. The form asks for your Colby ID number—a six-digit number found on the front of your ColbyCard in the bottom right-hand corner.
Documents you should bring with you to the clinic
- Signed consent form (blank copies will also be available onsite)
- Your insurance card
- Oakland Pharmacy will bill insurance providers an administration fee.
- There is no cost to the participant.
- For those who do not supply insurance information, your social security number will be required, as Health and Human Services is covering the fee in this circumstance.
15-minute observation period
- After receiving the vaccine, participants are required to wait for 15 minutes onsite in a designated space. Medical staff will be present to monitor the observation period. Seating will be physically distanced.
Vaccine fact sheets and CDC information
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen.
Location of second Moderna shot
- The number of individuals who receive the Moderna shot during the clinic will determine if the pharmacy returns to campus to hold a second shot clinic, or if individuals are referred to Oakland Pharmacy (43 Main Street, Oakland, Maine).
As we refine our health and safety protocols for the remainder of the semester and for the summer, we are asking that all members of our community help us by letting us know when you have received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This information, which will remain confidential, will be useful as we assess potential changes to health protocols and testing over the next few months.
- Students – please submit vaccine documentation through the student health portal here.
- Employees – please submit your status via CoVerified. The process is simple and takes only a couple of minutes; detailed instructions on how to submit vaccination information and documentation can be found here.
- If you do not have a CoVerified account
- Email [email protected] using the template below. Within 24 hours you will receive an email from [email protected] with the subject “Welcome to CoVerified for Colby College.” The email includes links to download the mobile app or view through a web browser. Use your short Colby email address ([email protected] instead of [email protected]) and your Colby password to log into CoVerified.
- Please note, we are not using CoVerified to track someone’s on-campus/remote status. For this reason, once you have logged into CoVerified, you can change your status to “Return to Campus” so that you can upload your vaccination documentation.
- If you do not have a CoVerified account
To – [email protected]
Subject – CoVerified Account – Vaccine Upload
Please register me for a CoVerified account so I can upload my vaccination documentation.